Apple Basilquila Cocktail
I love sweet, tart crunchy apples so I thought it would be fun to muddle granny smith apples with fresh basil, and then just for fun add smooth tequila. The results were fantastic, perfectly balanced, not too sweet or tart, refreshing and easy to drink.
- 2 oz. Patron Silver or other silver tequila
- 3/4 oz. Agave Nectar
- 5 Lime Wedges, halved (1–1/4 limes)
- 1/2 Granny Smith Apple, chopped, plus a wedge for garnish
- 2–3 Basil Leaves, plus 1-2 for garnish
- Briskly muddle the lime, apple, and agave nectar in a shaker.
- Add ice, tequila and basil (rubbed between your palms to release oils) and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a tumbler, removing basil before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil and apple wedge.
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail