There are many variations on guacamole, and not all good. Next time you have people over if you want that mmmm, this is great guac the minute they dip that first chip into their open mouth; then try this recipe. It’s a sure fire crowd pleaser. Send them here…for the recipe as they will ask, we promise!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 batch 1x
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2–1 seeded chopped jalapeño
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated.
- Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash.
- Fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño and garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and serve.
Adapted From | Alton Brown