Bar Acuda Kauai is the coolest place to relax with friends, share tapas and sip some wine.
Kauai is beyond beautiful and one trip is all it takes most to fall madly in love with the scenery, the energy, the serenity and the simplicity of island life. Few will visit Hanalei Town on the North Shore without savoring the rich and beautiful flavors delivered by Owners, Chef Jim & Sonja Moffat’s Tapas & Wine Bar, Bar Acuda. The chic island eatery, with a big city vibe offers a small but delicious selection of tapas (small plates). The menu has a nice balance of salads, seasonal vegetables, meats, fish, and a few nightly specials including a pizzeta. The desserts are hard to resist and the cocktails and wines pair beautifully.
Why we like it…
- Small creative plates
- One of the few dining hotspots on the North Shore
- Sophisticated island vibe
Need to know…
- First come, first serve chefs counter
- Reservations preferred
- Indoor/Outdoor dining
- Restaurant buy out available for private parties
- Slow Braised Pork Shoulder with roasted apples, potatoes and a hard cider reduction sauce
Seared Sea Scallop with mashed potatoes and truffled demi-glaze
Grilled Lamb Rack Riblettes with roasted sweet pepper & almond romesco sauce
Local North Shore Honeycomb with Humboldt fog goat cheese and crisp apple
- Whole Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with balsamic, scallions, and grilled crostini