Stacked Garden Goat Cheese
Every time I serve this I am amazed at the wonderful response for such minimal effort! It is one of the easiest appetizers ever. Perfect any time of year. The flavors are fresh and vibrant and this Stacked Garden Goat Cheese is sure to please. Try experimenting with a combination of your favorite herbs. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
• One 12-ounce or two 6-ounce) creamy goat cheese logs.
• Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
• A handful of chopped fresh dill
• A handful of julienne fresh basil leaves
• Crushed red pepper flakes
• Good olive oil
• Bread or crackers, for serving
1. Use a jar or small wide-mouth glass dish, just large enough to hold 4-5 slices of goat cheese on top of each other with a little room to spare. Cut the log of goat cheese in half inch wide round slices using a very sharp knife to keep the slices intact.
2. Place one layer of goat cheese slices in the container. Depending on the size of your container you may use up to 3 slices. Just make sure they lay flat. sprinkle with flaky sea salt, freshly ground pepper, dill, basil, a few red pepper flakes, and drizzle with olive oil. Repeat until all the ingredients are done.
3. Cover and set aside at room temperature for one hour or refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Serve at room temperature alongside toasted bread or crackers.
Keywords: goat cheese, basil, dill, olive oil