I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS RECIPE FOR CILANTRO, HONEY-MARINATED RACK OF LAMB!
Cilantro, Honey Marinated Rack of Lamb
- Prep Time: 12-24 hr.
- Cook Time: 25 min.
- Total Time: 24 hours.
- Yield: 4 Servings.
- Category: Main Course.
- Method: Grill, Bake.
- Cuisine: Mediterranean.
• 1/3 Cup Parsley (20 grams).
• 1/2 Cup Mint leaves (30 grams).
• 1/3 Cup Coriander leaves (cilantro) (30 grams).
• 4 Garlic Cloves.
• 2 Tablespoons Ginger Root (15 grams).
• 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
• 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (50 grams).
• 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce (60 grams).
• 3 Chiles (Serrano or Jalapeño).
• 1/2 Cup Vegetable oil (120 grams).
• 3 tablespoons of Honey.
• 2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar.
• 4 tablespoons of Water.
- Make sure most of the fat is trimmed off the lamb, leaving a uniform thin layer that will keep the meat moist and add to the flavor. You can also purchase frenched chops.
- Use a very sharp knife to separate the rack into portions of two or three cutlets.
- Blitz together all the remaining ingredients in a food processor and then pour over the lamb and making sure every piece is well covered.
- Place in a non-metal container or Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat one side of a gas or charcoal grill over medium-high heat, or if using the oven to 400.
If cooking in the oven, heat up a heavy cast-iron pan, preferably a ridged grill pan.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and shake off the excess.
- Sear well on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- If using a grill sear both sides of the chops well, on the hotter side of the grill. Then move the chops to the cooler side of the grill and finish cooking over indirect heat to the preferred temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat the marinade in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Put the chops on serving plates and serve the sauce in a separate bowl or over the chops. Both the chops and the sauce can be served hot or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 2 Chops