As the vibrant hues of summer paint the world around us, there's no better way to celebrate the season's bounty than with a bright and colorful Heirloom Tomato, Corn, Peach, and Burrata Salad. This masterpiece of a dish combines the freshest summer produce to create a harmonious medley of flavors and textures. Whether you're hosting a barbecue, planning a picnic, or simply craving a refreshing and healthy meal, this salad is the perfect addition to your summer menu.
This vibrant summer salad is not just a feast for the eyes but also a celebration of the season's finest produce. The juicy heirloom tomatoes, sweet peaches, and creamy Burrata cheese combine with the smoky sweetness of corn to create a symphony of flavors that dance on your taste buds. With every bite, you'll be transported to the sunny days of summer. So, gather your loved ones, savor the flavors of the season, and let this salad be the star of your summer dining experience.
- 2 small ripe nectarines (cut into wedges)2 small ripe peaches (cut into wedges)
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes of different colors (1 sliced and 1 cut into wedges)
- 1 fennel bulb shaved (reserve the fennel fronds)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup of picked tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup of arugula leaves
- 1 fresh Fresno or serrano chile (thinly sliced)
- white and red balsamic glazes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (plus more as needed)
- 2 ears of corn (shucked and silk removed)
- 8 ounces fresh burrata (drained and patted dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon flake salt (such as Maldon)
- On a large platter or individual serving plates, begin by layering the heirloom tomato slices.
- Scatter the corn kernels generously over the tomatoes.
- Nestle the peach wedges amongst the tomatoes and corn for a sweet contrast.
- Carefully tear the Burrata cheese into bite-sized pieces and place them on top of the salad.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the salad, ensuring every ingredient gets a touch of its rich, fruity flavor.
- Finish with a beautiful drizzle of the balsamic glazes, which will add a sweet and tangy note to the salad.
- Season the salad with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Garnish generously with fresh basil leaves, tarragon leaves and arugula torn by hand to release their aromatic oils and complement the flavors of the salad.
This Heirloom Tomato, Corn, Peach, and Burrata Salad is best enjoyed immediately, allowing the flavors to meld together perfectly. This is all about color and presentation. Be creative with your assembly.