Lamb Shish Kabob-(Lahm Mishwi)
- Prep Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
- 2 lb. leg of lamb, fat trimmed and cubed into 2” pieces
- 2 large onions, cut into 2” chunks
- 3 bell peppers, cut into squares
- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T garlic finely chopped
- 1 quart of plain laban or greek yogurt
- 1/2 t dried mint, crushed
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Syrian Bread or pita
- In a large bowl mix the cubed meat, bell pepper, onion, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil together. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours. Skewer meat, bell pepper and onion alternating. Grill over hot coals or on a gas grill. Serve with yogurt sauce, Syrian bread or pita.
- Mix yogurt, mint and garlic together, garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and serve.
- Bread may be warmed right on the grill.
Inspired by my grandmother | Rose Wardy
- Serving Size: 4-6