Mini Meyer Lemon Cupcakes
Small and intensely tangy these Mini Meyer Lemon Cupcakes are amazing. The bright and zesty lemon curd pops with every bite and the beautiful ripe red raspberry is the perfect topper. Serve these for a luncheon, dinner party or just to relax with an afternoon tea or coffee.
- Prep Time: 60
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 mini cupcakes 1x
- 1 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 c Caster Sugar (superfine)
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 c Whole Milk
- 1/4 c Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp. of Freshly Grated Meyer Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Meyer Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 24 Raspberries
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 c Creme Cheese
- 2 tsp. Meyer Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Meyer Lemon Zest
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 c Confectioner Sugar
- 1 1/2 Lemons
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1/4 c Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 c Lemon Juice
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 24 tin mini cupcake pan with a non stick spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, add eggs, incorporate well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, do not over mix.
- Use a small ice cream scoop so that each cupcake is uniform in size
- Divide batter evenly into cupcake tin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack
- Using a carrot peeler, remove the zest of lemons, being careful to avoid the white pith.
- Put the zest in a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Add the sugar and pulse until the zest is very finely minced into the sugar.
- Using a mixer cream the butter and beat in the sugar and lemon mixture.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, then add lemon juice and salt, mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart saucepan and cook over low heat until thickened (about 10 minutes), stirring constantly.
- The lemon curd will thicken at about 170 degrees F, or just below simmer. Remove from the heat and cool or refrigerate.
- Scoop out the center of each cupcake with a small melon baller, and fill with lemon curd
- In a mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until you have a creamy frosting
- Put frosting into a piping bag with a star tip, frost and enjoy!
- Garnish with a single raspberry