This salad is zesty, salty, crunchy, sweet, and very good for you! We always get rave reviews on this dish. We have even converted non-kale lovers!
Try pomegranates or fresh cherries, halved if in season instead of dried cherries or cranberries. Walnuts instead of pine nuts, goat cheese instead of Parmigiano-Reggiano. Try fresh squeezed orange juice with lemon juice. This salad offers a lot of room to be inventive.
- 1 bunch of Kale washed and dried (Curly, or Tuscan) use more if you use Tuscan
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2/3 C freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 C toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 C dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the stems and ribs from the kale.
- Roll the leaves up and chop in ribbons as thin as you can, yielding 4-5 cups
- Put kale into a large bowl, adding enough lemon juice to moisten. Toss kale as you massage leaves.(add more juice if necessary)
- Allow lemon juice to soften kale for 30 mins.
- Add half the olive oil, Parmigiano Reggiano, toasted pine nuts, cranberries and toss into kale until mixed well.
- Add the other half of all ingredients, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and serve
Created By | Pepper Weinglass