- 1 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 c chocolate chips
- 1/3 c chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c buttermilk
- 1/3 coconut oil or other vegetable oil
- 1/2 c canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 c sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 c unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- orange food coloring
- sour green apple spaghetti candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 Standard (1/3 cup) muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and cloves in medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk egg in large bowl to blend; whisk in pumpkin, oil, and buttermilk.
- Stir in flour mixture until just blended.
- Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into paper liners. Bake cupcakes until golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to rack and cool completely.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until light.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Mix in orange food coloring by drops to reach desired shade.
- If frosting is soft, cover and refrigerate until firm enough to hold shape.
- Frost cupcakes, mounding slightly in center.
- Take toothpick and make sections to resemble pumpkin.
- Cut 1 inch-long pieces of apple spaghetti to resemble stem