Torrisi Italian Specialties is the brain child of chef owners, Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi. During the day it’s a sandwich shop but at night the small Nolita (NYC) venue, located at 250 Mulberry Street (Prince Street) is transformed into an 18-seat, prix fixe, Italian dinner hot spot.
As many of you know, I am addicted to most everything spicy and, Torrisi’s Spicy Sauce is no exception.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and mix until slightly smooth. Makes about 2 cups.
- 4 ounces B&G hot cherry peppers (or others pickled hot peppers), stemmed, or you may use diced hot cherry peppers
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 2 ounces crushed tomato or 1 ounce of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and mix until slightly smooth. Makes about 2 cups.
Recipe Adapted From | Food 52
Did You Make This Recipe?