Fresh and delicious, this is a great small-bite appetizer to serve at a cocktail party. We served the Poke in mini-martini glasses on cake tiers for effect. We garnished the tiers with kaffir lime leaves from our tree and small iron koi-fish that we use as chop stick rests. We placed two glasses adjacent to the tiers, one with mini-cocktail forks and one with chopsticks, so that each guest could choose. Chilling your serving bowls ahead keeps each dish nice and cool as cocktails are passed.
- 3/4 lb. sushi-grade tuna fillet
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger-minced
- 1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1½ tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 small Jalapeño or Serrano chile-thinly sliced or finely minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives
- 1Tbsp black sesame seeds
- Using a very sharp knife, trim away any sinew and skin from tuna fillet.
- Cut tuna and avocado into ¼-inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, and chile and stir to combine.
- To serve, divide tuna among chilled bowls, garnish with chives, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Adapted From | Cooking For Friends