Our Peach and Blackberry Pavlova is the Bomb and can be easily adapted, using seasonal fruits. It’s easy to make and delivers an impressive presentation. Imagine putting this on the table…first eyes pop out, then mouths drop open, then hands grab for plates and fingers grab for forks and before you know it the platter’s empty and everyone wants the recipe.
bake for 1 hour until dry and crispy on the outside and slightly golden.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar (using a sieve for even coverage), grated chocolate and toasted almonds.
Top with mint leaves as garnish and serve.
Peach and Blackberry Pavlova
Pavlova is a sweet meringue, named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. It is a sort of meringue cake with a crisp crust and soft, light inside, usually topped with fruit and whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 c caster sugar
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 c whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz of fresh blackberries
- 4 peaches, pitted, peeled if desired and sliced
Toppings and Garnish
- 1/2 tbsp. grated dark chocolate
- 1/2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c toasted almonds, chopped
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper, the size of your baking sheet.
- Place the egg whites and salt in a mixing bowl and start whipping at medium speed until foamy and soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar a tablespoon at a time, and continue whipping for about 7-8 minutes until thick, white and glossy.
- Fold in the vinegar and cornstarch using a spatula.
- At this point flip the parchment paper over and dot on all 4 corners with meringue, flip back onto the baking sheet. (This step will help keep it in place as you spread the meringue)
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and using the back of the spoon, gently spread it onto the parchment, pooling it in the center to create a space for the cream and fruit. Do not over work or you will push too much air out of the meringue.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 1 hour until dry and crispy on the outside and slightly golden. Keep it in the oven until the oven has completely cooled.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Add almond extract and whip to combine.
- Place the meringue on a serving platter. Spread whipped cream and arrange the peach slices and blackberries on the cream.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (using a sieve for even coverage), grated chocolate and toasted almonds.
- Top with mint leaves as garnish and serve.
Created By: Pepper Weinglass