Elevate Your Burger Indian Style
The Bollywood Burger has layers of vibrant flavors from the Indian Raita to Mint Chutney and Caramelized Onions.
For the Burger
- 4 lb Ground Lamb
- 8 tbsp. Patak Garlic Relish
- 8 tsp. Freshly Grated Ginger
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 16 Stonefire Tandoor Baked Mini Naan’s. Ready made Naan bread is also available from brands such as La Brea Bakery and Indian Chef.
- Olive Oil to Drizzle
- 5 oz Baby Arugula
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground lamb with the grated ginger and garlic relishes.
- Form the lamb into 8 ounce patties. The patties can be placed in the refrigerator and chilled several hours or overnight.
- Remove the lamb burgers 30-60 minutes before grilling. Light a grill on medium-high. Lightly drizzle the burgers with olive oil and salt and pepper the burgers.
- Grill 3-4 minutes on each side, remove from grill and rest the burgers for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime lightly grill 2 Mini Naan’s per burger.
- Place a handful of arugula on a Naan, add a Lamb Burger, a spoonful of Raita, a spoonful of Caramelized Onions and a drizzle of Mint-Cilantro Chutney. Top with another Naan and serve with Sweet Potato Fries. Repeat to create the remaining burgers.
Naan Bread: Ready made Naan bread is available from brands such as Stonefire, La Brea Bakery and Indian Chef. Two Mini Naans from Stonefire makes a perfect burger bun. Patak Garlic Relish is easily available on Amazon and well worth the effort. I have tried several homemade options but don’t get the same fantastic results, so I highly recommend you try some.
Patak Garlic Relish: is easily available on Amazon and well worth the effort. I have tried several homemade options but don’t get the same fantastic results, so I highly recommend you try some.