Marshmallow Pretzel Pops are salty, sweet, and delicious. Wonderful for Valentine’s or any sweet occasion. The way you create these is limited only by your imagination. Have fun trying different colors and toppings. Happy Valentine’s Day-Enjoy!
These treats can be made a day ahead. We made pink chocolate for Valentine’s Day, but any color can be used. Once dipped in chocolate, marshmallows can also be rolled in chopped nuts, toffee pieces, shredded coconut or sprinkles. Pretzel rods may be used without marshmallow or marshmallow’s on fun colored straws without pretzel rods. Everybody loves these treats!
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag white chocolate chips
- 12 pretzel rods
- 12 large marshmallows
- 2 quart size plastic bags
- Red food coloring
- Using either 2 double boilers or glass bowls and a microwave, melt dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips separately. If using microwave melt at 30 sec intervals.
- While chips are melting take a sharp knife and make a deep criss-cross cut on the bottom of each marshmallow, insert a pretzel rod into each cut.
- Finish all 12 and allow to set in the fridge.
- Keep stirring chocolate until smooth and shiny.
- Take marshmallow pretzels out of fridge and dip in melted dark chocolate until well covered.
- Set on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, and return to the fridge and allow to set 10 minutes.
- Open the plastic bags and fold over 2 drinking cups or glasses.
- Scoop white chocolate into both bags
- Add 3 drops of red food coloring to one bag, remove bag from glass and squish around until food coloring and white chocolate mix together, creating a pink color. Set back into the glass.
- Take both bags and twist each one closed.
- Remove chilled chocolate covered marshmallows pretzels from the fridge, remove from parchment.
- Cut small tips off one corner of each bag to create piping bags.
- Hold a pretzel in one hand and the white chocolate piping bag in the other hand, pipe in an up and down motion until nicely cover, repeat with pink chocolate and set back pretzel back on parchment paper.
- Repeat with the rest of the marshmallow pretzels.
- Set in fridge for an additional 30 minutes and enjoy.
Created By | Pepper Weinglass