Smothered Tamale Casserole
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 dozen green chile, red chile or chicken tamales, husks discarded, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 16oz jars of Frontera Tomatillo or Arriba Green salsa
- 1–24oz tub of sour cream
- 16oz of shredded Jack cheese or mexican cheese blend
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded
- a handful of clantro
- In a 9 x 13 lasagna pan layer sliced tamales.
- Scatter the roasted chicken evenly over the tamales.
- Drizzle tomatillo salsa as the next layer.
- Add spoonfuls of sour cream.
- Using a spatula spread the sour cream to create an even flat layer.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Repeat with an additional layer or until pan is full.
- Make sure to end with sour cream and cheese on top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until bubbling about 20-30 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
Courtesy of Lorraine Wardy
- Serving Size: 8-10