Zucchini Linguine Alla Marinara
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 medium zucchini’s
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 C yellow onion-diced
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1 16oz jar of Mario Batali marinara sauce
- 1/2 C white wine
- 1/4 C freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Basil for garnish
- Using a mandolin on the thinnest setting, slice zucchini lengthwise.
- Stack several slices on top of each other and slice vertically to create linguine strips. Repeat until all slices are done. Set aside
- In a non-stick pan on medium, heat 1 T of olive oil, saute onion until soft, add garlic and sauté until light brown, be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add sauce and white wine, continue cooking for an additional 10 mins.
- In a separate non-stick pan on medium, heat the remaining 1 T of olive oil and butter.
- Add zucchini and saute until golden brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the zucchini into serving bowls, top with marinara sauce and sprinkle with fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Garnish with chopped basil.
- Serving Size: 2-4