Coqueta San Francisco from Michael Chiarello
We first met Chef Michael Chiarello in Aspen, at a dinner he hosted at D19 restaurant with our friend and favorite Chef, Dena Marino, now at MC Kitchen in Miami. Michael’s restaurant, Coqueta San Francisco means the flirt. It is located at the Embarcadero and has a really great, hip, European vibe.
From the minute you walk in you know you are in for an experience. The ceilings are high and the venue has an industrial feel. Opening in a historical building always poses a design challenge but this place delivers a modern, yet old world Spanish feel.
The service was a bit slow, considering they just opened and everything else was right on point so it’s hardly worth mentioning that we were given a bit of extra time to sip wine. They invite your taste buds to the party by passing out trays of “Pintxos”- bite size skewers containing an array of roasted vegetables, cured meats and cheeses. As is our custom, we took friends so we could try as much of the menu as possible.
Why we like it…
- Delicious, variety of small plates
- Fun, lively venue
- Creative dish presentations
- Open view, wood burning grill
Need to know…
- Make a reservation
- Don’t miss the Iberian cheeses and cured meats
- If you can’t get in, sit at the bar, although a bit louder, fun and lively.
- When in Spain…try the Spanish wines!
- Whole Grilled Branzino
- Bone in Ribeye
- Patatas Bravas
- We loved everything we had so…order up!